Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Keeping It Handy...

...because handy matters! I know I will take more pictures and at the 'right time', if my camera was more handy.
Sure, I have the zippered black hard case that I use to throw my camera in the bottom of my purse, practical, but not so handy. I want my camera handy so that I can quickly grab it and go and have it ready to shoot at a seconds notice. Cameras are small enough nowadays that, why not wear it like a necklace?....to wear at family events, nature walks, sporting events...you name it!

There are alot of times you just don't want to pack a purse around or wear something ugly hooked to your belt, if you even wear a belt. I just need to have my hands free and my camera handy. And that goes for cell phones, MP3 players,iPhone/iPods or any other smaller gadget!
I also wanted it to have a jewelry artsy look much like a ATC.
So this is what I came up with....



It measures 3.5" x 5" and hangs by copper chain that matches the Tim Holtz Idea-ology trinket charm. I used batik moda fabic and lined it, so it's soft and non- scratchy. Pictured here with my 4.5"x2.5" Motorola Q phone (since I was using my camera to take the pictures), but my Pentax Optio fits perfect..it's 3.3" x 2" x 1".

3 comments:

mary schweitzer said...

What a wonderful idea, and beautifully made!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Neat, neat, neat!

Brenda said...

You are on a roll!! I got on a roll once, making these for my new camera! Love your though...big time!