Top 10 Ways to Spend New Year's on the Ranch
1. Wait for the chickens to lay the first egg of the New Year.
2. Sweep the pond and get out the skates.
3. Leave the fireworks to the city folk and the suburbanites. Herald the New Year by watching Grandpa using the cutting wheel & welder to recycle old steel.
4. Host a party for your friends. Attire: Camo casual. For fun, conduct Skoal spitting contests, rousing games of Name That Road Kill, and a few rounds of Farm-Opoly.
5. Forget watching the ball drop. Ring in the New Year by launching full scale frozen terd attacks and rocket propelled horseapple grenades from the pastures.
6. Spike the cows' range cubes then go tipsy - cow tipping.
7. Go deer hunting at midnight. There's nothing like bringing in the New Year with a buck.
8. Open a beer and the pen of green broke colts…then watch the boys get busy.
9. Turn your pigs into New Year's babies. Diaper them, then draw straws for changing duty.
10. Have your guests catch their own turkey or antelope. Just don't tell them they have to take it home with them.
This is My version of the list on Confessions of a Counterfit Farmgirl's Blog.