Friday, September 28, 2007

Vintage CALIF Altered Board Book

I received a CALIFORNIA package from my swap partner Lauren Fraser!(Silverfish Studio)
She's from S. Calif and I grew up there in 60'&70's, so we had a few fun e-mail chats about old favorite spots that brought a flood of old memories, for me, of my youth. When she asked me what theme for the altered board book, I thought "Calif" would be great.....And WOW!!! What a great book it is!!!

After savoring the package itself (ART MAIL at it's finest!), I was totally blown away by the book.... She touched my heart!!! I was and still am all emotional (and I don't get that way...ever) over the memories that it brought back. I worked at Knotts Berry Farm in HS and DisneyLand during the summers while in collage and my prom was on the Queen Mary...and of course the beach - with sand and shells and Pea Soup Andersons! Wonderful ephemera...and original....and the edge she captured with the cowgirl theme was so special for me!!! All of it and all the details are just awesome!!! Love it!! Thank-you so much Lauren!!

No comments: