Friday, September 12, 2008

Soul Journal

The Soul Journalers are back at it!
Kathryn, The Collage Diva
is heading up this journey and taking it on into phase 2.
Sarah Whitmire, the originator, is keeping the group inspired from time to time, but is busy setting up Joggles workshops and you can learn more about that on her blog.

The lovely Christy AKA "Average American Girl"
has made a Yahoo group for fellow Soul journalers to discuss, share and continue friendships started in the Soul Journaling project...we as a group work on the same themed pages.

Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SoulJournal/


The prompt for my pages above...is Permission Slip. Since I am playing with my new book...Taking Flight...I gave myself permission to do it Kelly Rae style. The list is full of permissions to remind me to be a free spirit with art and journaling and was a fun prompt to work with!

11 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

i like so many styles i can't decide when i get the paper blank in front of me
which one i want to DO!
i am having a terrible time with my content all of a sudden..
your piece is beautiful

Kathryn Costa said...

Your page is fabulous. Lovely colors. I think it is so wonderful when an idea takes off and is interpreted in so many ways.

{soul hugs}
Kathryn

Jennifer Williams said...

I didn't know someone else has taken on the Soul Journal. Thanks for the link. I'm going to go check it out.

Virginia said...

I love your artwork and your style.Your pages are awesome..

Unknown said...

Hi from a fellow soul journaller. I have just spent a happy hour drooling over your awesome pages!! Love them all

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful page - it drew me in immediately and made me smile. Love the textured backgrounds and your color choices are fabulous. I can't wait to see more of your pages.

Anonymous said...

oh!! So this is where everybody went. I have obviously been on another planet and will have to scramble to catch up.. so goo to see you have taken on the reins, thankyou so much!

Linda said...

Great page and I love the colors. Green is not a color I use often but I like the way it looks on your page. You may have inspired me to try it. :)

Altered Route said...

I'm so glad that a few of the original soul journalers are finding their way over to the yahoo group and
Katheryn's blog with the new prompts...she is doing a wonderful job! She's doing 1 new prompt per week
and they are on #3 so it won't be hard to catch up. The home page of the Yahoo group has 1-2-&3 listed with easy links.
Glad you found us!
Connie

Cheryl Gebhart said...

This is a really great page - I love the style and your permissions.

Karen Campbell said...

This is all so fab ... and her skirt tells a story too :)