Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Taking Flight...with new book!

"Taking Flight - Inspiration and Techniques to Give Your Creative Spirit Wings"

Remember a few weeks back, I mentioned Kelly Rae's new book was due to come out?
My issue of "Taking Flight"arrived and I have been having fun and learning some new things. The book is very well put together with great techniques and wonderful guest and contributing artists that I really admire such as DJ Pettitt and Judy Wise, just to name two. Buying this book is the result of my pity-party that I had when I had to turn down an Art Retreat this summer...and I was substituting by buying Kelly's book and having a home workshop of my own. I also Participated in Sharah Whitmire's Soul Journaling online challenge and I am amazed that two different types of art can inspire with the same purpose....Learning to Soar!

Below is my first effort...
What I rarely see in Kelly's work are Hands or feet for that matter, so to enjoy the techniques and the style without imitating...just learning, I also challenged myself to adding hands.

3 comments:

Sandy..... said...

I think you did a great job on the hands! Mine still look like mittens. lol

Little Blue Violet said...

I just picked up a copy yesterday and was delighted with it's insides! I first found out about it thru you. So happy to see you have already begun to put it into use. Nice piece !
smiles
DarLy*~

Lorri said...

I just ordered it too, thanks for sharing :)